Summer is almost here and as you schedule in your standard barbecues, weddings, vacations and special projects, is there something else you could do? Something totally new and different or maybe somewhat familiar, but you haven’t created the time and space for? I’m referring to taking yourself on a retreat.
Whether you get away on your own or with a friend or partner, retreats offer the great gift of renewal by recharging your body, mind, and spirit. There is something magical that happens the moment you decide to go. It is a sense of relief with an opportunity to take a big exhale when you claim the time and space for yourself.
You can certainly create your own get-away, but it is so much easier and convenient to leave the planning to someone else. There are many settings to choose from, but I happen to be partial to the Colorado Mountains, especially in the summer. Here are my top 5 reasons to take yourself on a Colorado Mountain Yoga Retreat:
- Rest and Relax. The cool mountain air without your normal routines and responsibilities have a real soothing effect on you, leading to rest and relaxation.
- Get away and get perspective. There is something empowering about getting away in order to come back home to yourself. Fresh surroundings can give you a fresh perspective.
- Up your yoga game. No matter what level of yoga you are currently at, practicing twice a day even for a weekend will improve both your postures and your confidence. And, you won’t have to rush off to the next thing.
- Surround yourself with beauty. I don’t believe there is any place in the summer with more splendor than the Colorado Rockies. Especially in June, when the rivers are high, the sky is crystal clear blue, and the wildflowers are in full bloom.
- Unplug yourself Today we are regulated by our iphones, ipads, and ipods. To unplug yourself from the outside world for even a weekend can create a real sense of freedom. Of course you can leave an emergency number if you have to be reached, otherwise, enjoy the novelty of being unplugged.
Ready to go? Say Yes! to the Summer of Your Life Colorado Yoga Mountain Retreat June 24-26 at Peaceful Valley Ranch in Lyons, Colorado. Click here for more information and registration.