Life coaching helps you focus on and change the areas in your life that are not working as well as you would like. These areas include health, relationships, work, and finances.
Unlike traditional psychotherapy, which tends to look back to heal old wounds, life coaching is about moving forward by becoming aware of your current habits, patterns, and behaviors not serving you and helping you create new ones that will.
Change is hard. We not only need the skills and structure to make changes, many of us need the accountability and support of a coach to help us sustain the changes.
As a life coach, I have a unique background as an emergency room nurse for 23 years and a health and fitness professional for over 30 years. I have been certified as a lifestyle counselor, health and fitness instructor, personal trainer, and yoga teacher.
Through lifestyle modifications, mindfulness practices, resilience skills, and positive habits, I can help you get clarity around your deepest intentions and support your most meaningful life by helping you:
- Reduce your stress. Mindfulness practices and resilience skills change your brain, perspective, and behavior supporting you to experience less anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Move through a transition. Big changes in our lives are excellent times to re-evaluate our priorities to re-establish what matters most.
- Increase your ability to focus. By focusing on the present moment, you heighten your ability to focus your attention and suppress distractions in your daily life.
- Enrich your relationships. When we are unhappy with ourselves, we tend to lash out at those closest to us, preventing healthy relationships from developing and flourishing.
- Sleep better. Sleep is the single most important lifestyle behavior for a resilient mind, which is where all of our lifestyle choices begin.
- Strengthen your resilience. Mindfulness helps us become conscious of how we perceive and respond to life’s situations, not just in times of adversity, but also how we show up every day.
- Lose weight. When we are making conscious choices in our eating, exercising, and sleeping, we are much more successful in losing extra weight and keeping it off.
- Improve your overall happiness and well-being. With more focus, relaxation, and less stress, you experience more happiness and enhance your capacity to experience the joys of everyday life.
- Improve your bottom line. Studies from some of America’s biggest and best corporations have shown that health and happiness directly affect your bottom line.
As doctors and healthcare professionals we often feel we need to control. Diane helped me take a step back, put things in perspective, and re-frame the way I approach my daily challenges. Through Diane’s guidance and accountability, I learned the only change I can create is within me.
Danielle McDermott, MD
Assistant Professor, Neurology and Epilepsy Medical Director
University of Colorado Medical Center
What are you willing to do to feel the way you want to feel?