Creating your intention is so powerful because what we focus on expands. According to the law of attraction, when you focus on what you want in your life, you get more of it. Or, simply stated by the Buddha, “What we think, we become.”
What I didn’t realize initially was how challenging creating your intention statement can be. We spend so much time focused on what we don’t have, didn’t get, and don’t want, we sometimes forget what we really do want!
Creating your intention statement requires some thought. Where I your life do you want to shift, change, or give more focus to?
- Always state your intention in the affirmative, as if it is already happening.
- Keep your statement quite broad, to not limit yourself, but the area in your life specific, to keep you focused.
- Start with I and then an active verb, such as I enjoy, I am, I love, I experience, I attract.
Here is a top 10 list of the most popular intentions from my clients:
- I am healthy
- I attract the perfect partner
- I take great care of myself
- I enjoy exotic travel
- I love my job
- I connect with my spouse on a deeper level
- I manage my finances with ease and grace
- I exceed my quarterly goals
- I surround myself with beauty
- I attract money easily and effortlessly in my life
When you create a statement that reflects your deepest intention and focus on it every day, you start to live with your intention. Living with intention means living on purpose—living consciously, living awake instead of asleep, living with the big picture in mind, with meaningful activity and consciously choosing your direction, personally and professionally.