My first hike after two months of quarantine was sheer bliss with babbling brooks, bursts of wildflowers and—bears! So grateful to be outdoors enjoying my favorite activity, I stopped to take in the view when another hiker pointed to a mama bear and her baby cub in the meadow below. If I had not taken the time to slow down, I would have missed the best part of my hike!
COVID recovery includes creating a plan for how we want to move forward, in other words, strategize. A good place to start is to reflect on all we are learning. Here is my list of 10:
10 Things I Learned During COVID:
- When I slow down, I see, feel, and experience more
- I enjoy cooking and cleaning when I make more time for them
- I can survive 12 weeks without a haircut, pedicure or latte
- I miss seeing and celebrating my family
- I do not miss the endless errands I thought were so important
- I miss meeting with my clients onsite
- I do not miss crowded airplanes and long security lines
- I enjoy reading more and watching TV less
- My weekends are best spent completely unplugged
- I like my husband even more than I thought
How about you? What are you learning about yourself and your life that can help you strategize to move forward? I would love to hear a few things on your list!